Central Valley Regional Center (CVRC) has a commitment to a diverse Board of Directors that reflects the geographic, ethnic and linguistic diversity of California’s central valley and the population it serves. CVRC provides board training in diversity and best practices which occurs at board meetings and at planned educational sessions.
As required by W&I Code 4622, the following is a list of board training and support:
- November 28, 2017: Board Presentation on Special Incident Reporting Process, Vendor and Regional Center Responsibilities. – Slide Presentation
- Oct 24, 2017: Board of Directors Person Centered Thinking Overview & Activity – Slide Presentation
- May 6, 2017: CVRC’s Board of Directors received training on Person Centered Thinking. There was also a review of:
- General Board Responsibilities – Slide Presentation
- CVRC Bylaws and Board Policies
- September 17, 2016: CVRC’s Board of Directors held joint training with Kern Regional Center’s Board on Governance and Engagement. Jen Foster, CVRC’s Chair, Vendor Advisory Committee and Laurie Hughey, KRC’s Chair, Vendor Advisory Committee, provided input from a vendor’s perspective (no hand-outs). The group also enjoyed a presentation titled “Enhancing Employment Opportunities for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities”. The PowerPoint presentations and hand-outs are listed below:
- Board Governance, presented by Matthew F. Bahr, Esquire and Randy Tellalian, CVRC Vice President and ARCA Delegate Slide Presentation
- Board Engagement, presented by Ursula Bischoff, Ph.D. Hand-outs
- Enhancing Employment Opportunities for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, presented by Amy Westling, Director of Policy, Association of Regional Center Agencies Slide Presentation
- October 27, 2015: Board of Directors introductory training on Managed Care. Topics included Medi-Cal managed care models; Health Net’s Medi-Cal model, eligibility, beneficiary enrollment; public health linked services; public program coordination, common terms. Presentation by Selina Escobar, CalViva Health Manager of Public Programs.
- September 22, 2015: Board of Directors introductory training on The California Autism Professional Training and Information Network (CAPTAIN). Presentation by Todd Chase, Assistant Director of Case Management Services, included:
- September 13, 2014: CVRC Board and Management cultural and diversity training by Dr. Valerie Batts with VISIONS, Inc.
- August 26, 2014: Board approval of CVRC’s plan to promote access to and delivery of culturally competent services.
Board Minutes from Aug. 26, 2014
Cultural Competency Plan
- June 14, 2014: Board of Directors introductory training on organizational cultural competency by Executive Director, Robert Riddick, LCSW in consultation with Dr. Ursula Bischoff of WestEd.
Board Training Agenda